Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Year of Blogging: November 30, 2011

November 30 is 'Stay at Home Because You are Well' day. Basically, it's a day to play hookey. Call the boss and tell him (or her) you're well and won't be in. Then enjoy the day! Maybe you want to do some Christmas shopping. Or maybe you have crafts to catch up on. Maybe you just want some peace and quiet while the children are at school. Let me know how it worked out for you. Bosses don't like it when we call in sick, I'm sure they'd really flip if you call in well. Of course, if you are lucky enough to have 'personal days', you can just take one of those and enjoy your time off. Perhaps it would be better to say you need to celebrate a special birthday. Here are a few for you to choose from: Mark Twain was born on this day in 1835, Winston Churchill was born on this day in 1874, Dick Clark was born in 1929. And one of my favorite relatives, my Aunt Vera, was born on this day in 1924.

1 comment:

  1. Now that's a day to my liking ;-) and I'm pretty sure bosses around the globe would like to call in "sick" too every now and then!

    ReplyDelete