Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Year of Blogging: November 21, 2011

November 21 is 'World Hello Day'. This is a day to promote world peace. It was created in 1973 during the conflict between Egypt and Israel. It was created by Brian and Michael McCormack who believed peace starts with communication. On World Hello Day you are supposed to greet 10 people. Walk up to them and say 'hello!' I don't know if it would lead to world peace, but saying hello to someone is certainly more polite than looking in the other direction or pretending to be on your cell phone. Maybe it's worth a shot! However, if chaos is your goal, you might be interested in 'False Confession Day'. If you're not having an affair, or didn't commit the crime, today is the day that you can confess. I don't understand why you would want to. Depending on what you confess to, it could create havoc and confusion. Think of this: if you falsely confess to something, how can people believe you in the future?

3 comments:

  1. I guess this day is very appropriate for me to stop by and say HELLO, wouldn't you agree?
    And I really need to apologize for neglecting your blog so much. If it's any comfort, your blog isn't the only one that's been suffering the past weeks. And this is a TRUE confession!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm glad it's not just mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just declared this day, or rather evening, Amy-Day! How's that sound? And off I go to read ... and comment too!

    ReplyDelete