Monday, November 28, 2011

A Year of Blogging: November 28, 2011

November 28 is 'Make Your Own Head' day. At first, this had me scratching my own head. Turns out, this is a day to get crafty. There are many ways to make your own head. Perhaps you'd like to try to make a likeness of your head out of paper mache. You could do it without actually covering your head in paper mache. Try blowing up a balloon and covering the outside of the balloon with paper mache. Once you have the paper mache as thick as you want, pop the balloon and pull it out. You could do some self-portraits with pencil, pen, chalk; whatever writing implement you have handy. You could carve your head out of wood. You could sculpt it out of clay. I suppose you could even knit one. There's no real explanation as to why today is Make Your Own Head day. Maybe someone was in a crafty mood as they made Christmas presents. Maybe it was a way to ward off the cabin fever that starts to creep in when the days get shorter. While it might be a little creepy, you could probably make your head and give it away for a Christmas present.

1 comment:

  1. We made such paper mache heads in school. I have no idea whether Mom still has it somewhere but I made a red/black devils head. Don't ask me why, hahaha!!! I must have been a real weird kid ...

    ReplyDelete