Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Year of Blogging: November 19, 2011

November 19 is 'Have a Bad Day' day. This day was actually created to encourage people to wish others 'Have a Bad Day'. Apparently, the creators wanted salespeople to tell their customers 'Have a Bad Day' instead of 'Have a Good Day'. Well that's just downright rude! Sounds like it was created by someone having a bad day! I try to always tell the salesperson to have a nice day. Or a good day. I know there are times I fail, but I think I succeed more often than I fail. I remember what it was like to be on the other side of the counter. I've worked in customer service since I was 16, and there are days that the public can break your spirit and make you feel like you've been crawling around with slugs! I know most people think of the clerk as just a blip on their radar of things to do today, but they are people too. I think the world would be in a much worse state if we all started wishing people to have bad days.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm .. I hope this day isn't in any way related to my absence in the previous weeks?
    *still hanging my head in shame*

    BTW I know exactly what you mean - I've worked retail too and you really have a completely different understanding for those behind the counter. They are human too! And I hate when customers treat a salesperson as if they were the most stupid person on Earth, grrr!

    ReplyDelete