Friday, November 18, 2011

A Year of Blogging: November 16, 2011

November 16 was 'Have a Party with Your Bear' day. I think the person who created the list I've been working from likes bears as much as I do. I didn't know there were so many days! Teddy Bear Picnic, Hug a Bear, Take Your Bear to Work day... it's good to see the bears getting some love. November 16 was also 'Button Day'. It's a day to celebrate buttons- those fasteners that keep our garments closed. The only time I really think about buttons is when they fall off. If I actually see the button fall off and am able to retrieve it, I bring it home. Then I open the bottom drawer of my jewelry stand and toss the button into the drawer. I don't know why I keep the button. I never sew them back on. If you look in that drawer, you'd think I was a button collector. I have all shapes and sizes. I think I need to make a point to clean out that drawer. I know you can make all kinds of neat crafts with buttons- yeah, like I need another project! So now you have pictured me running around with raggedy clothes, with buttons missing here and there. Actually, I don't wear a lot of clothes with buttons. I would say the clothes that have buttons are skirts or cardigans- and cardigans are ok if you lose a button, especially since I usually have it layered over another shirt and rarely button the cardigans anyway. If the article that is missing the button is something I particularly love, or has no other buttons to pick up the slack of the runaway, I will sew the button back on. But that is a very rare occurrence!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I love that! And seeing how I didn't know about it my bears (who are just reading this now) are a bit grumpy that they couldn't party for a day ... oh well!

    Buttons? Hmmm ... I've got a drawer full as well and I'm sure I wouldn't find the one I'm looking for if my life depended on it. But your idea gets me thinking! Maybe I could upcycle some old stuff with a whole lot of buttons!

    ReplyDelete