Friday, November 25, 2011

A Year of Blogging: November 22, 2011

November 22 was 'Start Your Own Country' day. It was started as a humorous thing during the 1939 World's Fair in New York. You may not know this, but I do have my own country. It's called Amyland. It is a fictional place that exists in my head. At least, that's what Erich says. If I do something that seems not quite normal to him, but it's the way I've always done it, he says 'is that how they do it in Amyland?' Of course, right now, I can't give any specific examples. But it seems he says it a lot. I guess that just confirms I'm not normal. I picture Amyland as a nice place. It doesn't get stinking hot in the summer. There's no humidity. Beagles run in huge, fenced in yards, trailing bunnies until they are exhausted. But they never get out of the fence, so you don't have to worry about them. You are greeted at the border of Amyland by someone holding a plate of fresh baked cookies. It's ok to wear your pajamas all day long. In fact, only comfortable clothes are allowed in Amyland. There are no bras, no pantyhose, no high heels. People are not judged by their looks, but rather are appreciated for the person on the inside. There is a state in Amyland called 'Christmas'. In this state, pine trees are always covered with a thick blanket of snow. Christmas lights adorn every building, creating dazzling displays. We don't rush around buying this and that. You can sit back and enjoy the magic of the season because it's always Christmas time. And of course, I am the queen in Amyland!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I think I want to visit Amyland! I mean, how can I resist a warm welcome with fresh baked cookies? And wearing pajamas all day long, well, that's even better! I might book a flight there right now ;-) !

    ReplyDelete