Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Year of Blogging: November 20, 2011

November 20 was 'Beautiful Day'. There's no real explanation for the day, so I guess you can interpret it however you like. I'm a little behind on my blogging because my parents are visiting for Thanksgiving. Sunday was a miserable day here. It was raining and foggy. Most of the trees have lost all their leaves- so everything just looks gray and dreary. Yet, I would say Sunday was a beautiful day. My parents and I went shopping. Sure, shopping is more Mom's and my thing, but Dad likes to come along. Mom says she brings him to carry the packages. He likes to see what deals we are getting, and it's a way to spend time with me. Sunday night we went out for dinner. We enjoyed a delicious steak dinner. It wasn't fancy, but we enjoyed each other's company. When we came home, Mom and I got into our jammies and talked. We ended up talking for several hours. We talked about anything and everything- some serious things, some silly. I didn't get to do any knitting Sunday night, but I wouldn't trade the time I spent talking with my mom for anything. A couple of coworkers who are older than me told me they were envious of me. Their moms are deceased, and they said they envied that I was able to sit and chat with my Mom for hours. It's the simple things we take for granted that can be the best. Maybe that's what 'Beautiful Day' means. Any day can be a beautiful day if you look around you and count your blessings.

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the U2 song. Not as though I'd be a U2 fan, but when I read the post title this was the first thing that came to mind, and ohhh, I think it's great when your Dad comes along shopping! He can carry everything his "girls" bought, hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Mom says that's why she has Dad- so he can carry the packages. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now there is a good reason for women to get married. Then again, maybe I should just settle for a mule, hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete