Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Year of Blogging: January 8, 2011

Today is Man Watcher's Day. Hmm. My first thought was 'that won't be very interesting to write about'. I'm sorry. I'm not a man-hater. I have a lot of wonderful men in my life. And at some point, every single one of them has driven me to the point of wanting to pull my hair out! When we were kids, my mom got so irritated with my dad one day that she told us not to marry a man. My sister and I looked at her bewildered, trying to figure out what she was trying to tell us. She told us some day we would understand.
I get it now. That old saying you can't live with them but can't live without them! Of course, the same can be and has been said about women. I've always been a people watcher, but I don't know that I've focused so much on men. I tried today, but I didn't have many men to watch. We went to Target. The men in the store were wandering around behind their female counterparts, looking like they'd rather be anywhere else. Erich looked that way too. I guess shopping for shampoo and cleaning supplies weren't that thrilling to him. I actually think he only went along because we were planning to eat out. There were even fewer men in Kohls. I did have a male clerk, which seemed so odd. I've always seen female clerks at Kohls. I didn't really have a lot of time to observe him, but he did have on way too much cologne. It was one of those where you get this head rush when you get the first whiff. Whoa! That's what I thought. At Olive Garden we had a few more guys. We were seated at this little table, and so I had a man right across from me to watch. Well- watching people eat has never been a big draw. :) I have noticed though that chivalry is not dead. Men still hold doors open for women, even when it is in the single digits outside. Every once in a while I come across a man who sees me coming, and steps aside and opens the door- allowing me to pass before him. That is always so nice. Most men now hold the door open behind them after they've already passed through the door. Either way, I really appreciate the gesture. I thank each and every one of them. So I wonder when Woman Watching day is? Maybe there isn't one- because watching us do even the simplest of tasks would make you dizzy trying to keep up!

2 comments:

  1. You're going to love this: I went out eating on Sunday and saw this beauty of a dog, a Great Dane, at the restaurant. It took me quite a while to realize that there was a man attached to the dog, not all too bad looking either, yet I'm obviously more of a dog watcher than a man watcher *lol*.

    ReplyDelete