Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Year of Blogging: January 13, 2011

Today is Make Your Dream Come True day. I am certainly more conscious of my dream this year than I have been in the past. For years, I have wanted to get published. I never really get the ideas out of my head and onto paper (or a computer screen). I kept thinking someday. Then I see all the people getting published. Some of my friends have achieved this goal. I work with financial advisors, and it seems every other person has published their own book. I decided I needed to stop thinking someday, and start focusing on this. I don't anticipate my books being best sellers. I really don't anticipate them having any more of a following than a few friends and my family. But what if they do take off? I wouldn't have to pump myself up every morning to go to the office. I could finally realize the dream I've had since I was a teenager- of being a writer. I won't know unless I try. So I am trying this year. Even if I get to a rough draft- it's farther along than I have been. It's a step toward my dream. And that is progress!

2 comments:

  1. Before those ideas drive you insane, sit down and write. Don't just try. Do it. I shall be watching you. And pinch you whenever necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement. Sometimes I need a lot of it!

    ReplyDelete