Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Year of Blogging: January 22, 2011

Today is Blonde Brownie Day. I was an adult before I found out brownies could be something other than chocolate. I'm still not completely sure what a blonde brownie is, but a quick internet search revealed something that looked like cookie bars. I have seen maple blonde brownies on restaurant menus. They sound good, I love maple. Yet chocolate trumps maple every time for me, and 9 times out of 10 I will choose a chocolate dessert first. I don't think I've ever had a blonde brownie. I must try that sometime. I am a big fan of regular, chocolate brownies. I have always liked brownies. Any willpower I have goes right out the window if you wave a brownie under my nose. Although Erich likes them even more than I do. I make brownies frequently, and they never last more than a couple of days. Another reason I'm not skinny like a stick! I think I need to go make a pan of brownies.... and maybe enjoy one in a brownie sundae.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of blonde brownies either and somehow it just seems, well, wrong to me. A brownie needs to be a brownie. Chocolaty and dark. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete