Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Year of Blogging: January 12, 2011

Well, I knew the day would eventually come that I would be unable to write the blog entry on the day I was talking about. And what do you know, it came a little over two weeks into this experiment. Fear not! I plan to catch up tonight. I've already figured in the event of sickness or vacations, I can write before or after. Yesterday I was down with a migraine which left me unable to function for most of the day. By the time I was functioning again, I really didn't have any energy to blog. Yesterday, January 12, was Pharmacists' Day. I truly appreciate the pharmacists at my local pharmacy. They are an integral part of my care regimen. I have so many doctors: my general practitioner, my neurologist, the allergy doctor, the gynecologist, the respiratory doctor. I have a low tolerance for medications, and frequently one of these doctors prescribes a medication, and I only end up taking it for a month. This combined with the Fibro fog causes me to blank out on my medications. I cannot remember what has been prescribed. Sometimes, I don't remember what I'm taking. This of course is a problem when more medications are prescribed. That's where my friendly pharmacy staff comes in. I get all of my prescriptions at one location, so they can easily see everything that I take. They are great about answering my questions, and helping make sure I don't have any interactions. The head pharmacist is very sweet. Last month I was refilling both migraine medicines (I have one for immediate relief, and a different one to take when the migraine lasts more than one day). He was very concerned, asking how frequently I get migraines. I told him that sometimes I can go weeks, even a month or more without them, and sometimes I get them in clusters. He was very sympathetic, and made me feel like he really cared. It was very nice to know I was not just a number, but actually a person. When you are dealing with your health, it's nice knowing people care.

2 comments:

  1. Come to think of it - Pharamacist's Day and you have a migraine ... hope you're better now, Amy!!

    ReplyDelete