Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Year of Blogging: January 30, 2011

Today is Escape Day. We all have those moments where we wish we could just run away; escape. Whether it's from your job, your family, the housework, or just the day to day ups and downs of life. This time of year, a lot of people are looking for an escape from winter. Everyone has their favorite method of escape. Some people like to take bubble baths, others might like a day at the spa. Parents enjoy a night out without the children. For others, sports are a method of escape. My favorite way to escape is to take a vacation. Especially if I am going home to NY. It helps me unplug from the day to day things that pull me down; recharge my battery, and refocus on what is the most important to me: my family. But it's not always possible to hop on a plane and head to NY. Reading provides another great escape. A well-written work of fiction transports you to another location or time. Even non-fiction works can move you. I frequently read books about the Civil War, and it is so easy to get lost in the 1860s. Everyone needs an escape. Even if it is just for a few minutes each day. Take care of yourself first, the world will wait.

1 comment: