Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Year of Blogging: January 11, 2011

Today is 'Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend' day. When we were kids, it was always so much fun to jump in puddles. I'm sure our moms didn't like it- mud on the laundry, coming into the house in clothes that were dripping wet. I remember jumping in puddles, but I don't remember splashing my friends. Although my 'memories' may only be one or two times. I didn't like to get dirty as a child, I was kind of prim and proper. So I can't imagine I splashed in puddles very long. Maybe as a toddler or preschooler, but I'm pretty sure that stopped once I got to grade school. As an adult, I don't think I could splash a friend. I'd feel badly about soiling her clothes. She might think I'd gone mad, deliberately getting her dirty! Although, maybe that is what we need. To reconnect with our inner child and take pleasure in small things. To let go of the troubles we carry as adults. Sometimes I watch my niece playing and having fun, and think 'oh to be four!' . I've forgotten how to be so carefree. I wish I could capture that again, even for a brief moment. We didn't have any puddles today, it snowed here. Maybe I can create the same effect by throwing snowballs at someone!

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember jumping into puddles, but when they were dirty enough I always referred to them as cocoa-puddles due to their brownish color.

    ReplyDelete