Friday, January 21, 2011

A Year of Blogging: January 20, 2011

Yesterday was the 'Day of Renewal and Reconciliation'. I wasn't sure what this meant, and was too beat in the evening to figure it out. I still wasn't sure what it meant today, so I looked it up. Online. I know. It is convenient, I have to admit. So it turns out this Day of Renewal and Reconciliation is something President Obama created. It was his first official act as President. Obviously, I was paying attention. I keep my politics very close to my heart, and therefore am not going to get into this one. I was thinking I could use a Day of Renewal. I have been struggling in the past month. I don't feel depressed, but I suppose it could be depression. There has been so much drama in my life since Thanksgiving, I just feel like every day life pounds on my head a little, pushing me further down. I was actually surprised the other day because I looked so very tall. I don't know if it was the shoes I was wearing (sneakers instead of my usual Crocs), the new sweater which was very flattering, or just an optical illusion. But I looked so much taller than normal. Maybe I just felt less bogged down by life. Winter is always difficult with the Fibro, and I think everything is just working together. My personal life has stress, there's stress at work, it's cold out, and it all comes together into not being able to sleep. Then when I do fall asleep, I don't want to get up. It's not laziness, it's just pure exhaustion. A vacation would be a good way to renew. But I don't have one planned until April. So I'm going to give myself a little break this weekend. I have an appointment at the salon, and I'm going to tell Mark (my stylist) to do what he wants. So who knows what I will look like when I leave the salon. I have a massage scheduled too, which is more a necessity than a luxury. I may throw in a little retail therapy, even if it's just treating myself to something not so good for me at the grocery store, like the triple chocolate cake from Dorothy Lane Market. And I may watch some of my favorite movies. Just do something for me. I'm not going to think about the organizing projects I want to get done. It's going to be too cold to organize my closet, or do any projects in my room (my room is above the garage, so it gets very cold). I'm going to put on something warm and soft, and have a mini vacation- right here in my living room. Maybe come Monday I will feel renewed and will have a better outlook. With any luck, my pain issues will be better, and things will be more pleasant. January 20 was also 'Penguin Awareness Day'. I happen to really like Penguins. They are one of Erich's favorite animals, so you will find Penguin things scattered throughout our house. In honor of Penguin Awareness Day, here is a picture my brother in law took at the Boston Aquarium in June. I love this picture, it is so sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes, politics ... but I sure like the idea of Renewal. And penguins are cute anyway!

    ReplyDelete