Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Year of Blogging: June 9, 2011

June 9 is Donald Duck Day! Donald Duck made his debut on June 9, 1934. His first appearance was in 'The Wise Hen'. Donald Duck is my favorite Disney character. I have never cared for that mouse. I like Donald. He is moody, just like me. I love to watch the cartoons where Donald gets spitting mad and stomps around. He's a little bit odd, and I identified with that. I like that you can't understand him half the time. And lets face it, a duck is much cuter than a mouse! Even though I'm a huge Donald Duck fan, somehow there are no pictures of me with Donald Duck. I can't believe this! I've searched all my photo albums, and only came up with this picture of Sydney meeting Donald Duck. I will have to remedy this next year when we go to Disney, and make sure to get my picture taken with the Duck! I have some Donald Duck memorabilia throughout the house. I have Donald Duck ornaments on my Christmas tree. Perhaps the item that means the most to me is my Donald Duck cookie jar. It's a ceramic cookie jar. JC Penney carried it when I was registering for wedding gifts with my ex-husband. It was perfect! I added it to the registry, even though he didn't like it. A dear family friend bought it for me for my bridal shower. She said she'd been looking for something unique to buy me, and when she saw the cookie jar she knew that was it. She remembered how much I love Donald Duck. I treasure the cookie jar. It currently sits in my dining room on top of the buffet. I will never get rid of it. The best way to celebrate Donald Duck Day is to watch some Donald Duck cartoons. I know the Disney channel had special Donald Duck cartoons on earlier this afternoon. And remember- Respect the Duck! Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Donald's my favorite character!!
    I do have pictures with Donald and myself from my various trips to WDW. I believe I even posted one of them on Facebook.
    And it goes without saying that I own a Donald shirt and there are a few plush Donald's sitting in my room too.

    ReplyDelete