Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Year of Blogging: June 2, 2011

Two days into one of my favorite months, and we've hit a couple of duds! June 2 is "Bubba Day". It's a day to honor those named Bubba. Whether your given name is Bubba, or you've earned the nickname at some point in your life. Suggestions for celebrating the day are to 'act like a Bubba'. I don't know how to act like a Bubba. I admit, I'm a bit of a hillbilly, but I don't know anyone named Bubba. I guess if you know how to act like a Bubba- go for it! June 2 is also Rocky Road Day. The day to celebrate Rocky Road ice cream-although apparently, eating any kind of ice cream is acceptable. That's good! I don't care for Rocky Road, but could definitely go for some ice cream tonight. The past couple of nights, I had a mix of coffee ice cream and cookies & cream. But Erich ate the last of the cookies & cream last night and didn't buy more. How rude! :) Since I often annoy my non-sports readers with posts about sports, I feel a duty to point out that on this day in 1935, Babe Ruth retired from baseball. It is also the day the American Civil War ended, in 1865. In 1989, 'Dead Poet's Society' was released in limited theaters. That is one of my favorite movies! I know, I have a lot of favorites. I have liked Dead Poet's Society since I was in high school. Boys liking English- it was wonderful! My favorite character of course is Neil, the tormented soul who ends up taking his life. I haven't seen that movie in a while, wonder if I have time to watch it tonight? I just might!

1 comment:

  1. Alright. I guess on this post I'm only commenting for the sake of, uhm, commenting.

    ReplyDelete