Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Year of Blogging: June 12, 2011

June 12 is Red Rose Day. Apparently, red roses are America's favorite flower. Since June is Rose Month, as well as a popular month for weddings, it makes sense to have a day to celebrate roses. But I think it should be pink roses, not red. Every rose color has a different meaning. I think everyone knows red roses mean love. They are a traditional flower for first dates, weddings, and anniversaries. Did you also know red roses mean beauty, courage, and respect? I personally have never liked red roses. They are just too common. I have always preferred pink roses. I don't know why, because I do not like pink. But pink roses have always been my favorite flowers. Pink roses mean appreciation, thank you, grace (ha! and yet they are my favorite?!), perfect happiness, and admiration. And if you bring me pink roses, you've made me very happy! My mother has always loved yellow roses. Yellow roses mean joy, gladness, friendship and delight. This is really quite perfect for my Mom. She is a person who loves bringing joy to other people's lives. My sister's favorite roses are lavender roses. She is the queen of purple, so it's no surprise that her favorite roses are also in the purple family. Purple or lavender roses mean enchantment, royalty, and mystery. Whatever your favorite color of roses are, I think today's the perfect day to receive a nice bouquet of roses! Or pick some off the rosebush in your yard.

1 comment:

  1. Roses might not be my favorite flower, but I obviously don't mind receiving them. Not all that fond of red ones either, I love white and orange ones.

    ReplyDelete