Friday, June 17, 2011

A Year of Blogging: June 16, 2011

June 16 was Fudge Day. What a delicious celebration! And it's not just a day for chocoholics. Fudge comes in all kinds of flavors. Of course, when you think of fudge, you think of chocolate. Chocolate is the most popular flavor of fudge. Chocolate fudge is sold with and without nuts (usually walnuts). Does anything taste more wonderful than sinking your teeth into a cool creamy piece of chocolate fudge? It's so sinful and yet so wonderful. You know you shouldn't, but you can't resist. Actually, my favorite flavor of fudge is maple nut. Sweet maple syrup made into creamy fudge. It is rich and so sweet it almost makes your teeth hurt. While I don't like nuts in chocolate fudge, I do like nuts in maple fudge, because it breaks up the sweetness a little. A little goes a long way! I also love peanut butter fudge. I have found fudge very hard to make, but I have a recipe for a microwave peanut butter fudge that is incredible. I usually make it at Christmas and add a few pieces to each cookie plate. Usually, I'm able to eat one piece of fudge and then put the rest away. With the peanut butter fudge I make, I want to eat it all at once. You can get fudge in practically any flavor- pistachio, watermelon, vanilla, cookies and cream, there's even a store nearby that sells pumpkin fudge in the fall. I love walking into a store and seeing a counter full of different colored fudge. Of course, it's always expensive, at something like $7 a pound. You purchase a couple of small chunks, and savor it over a couple of days. That way it eases the guilt- both at the cost and at the calories. I think Fudge Day is a great day to indulge a little! Even if it's just with a hot fudge sundae!

1 comment:

  1. We're not really huge on fudge here in mainland Europe. Hard to believe, I know! And ... wait for it ... I never even tried a bite of fudge in my life *gasp*.

    ReplyDelete