Monday, September 5, 2011

A Year of Blogging: September 5, 2011

September 5 is 'Be Late for Something Day'. I guess this morning I was late for breakfast, since a migraine kept me in bed til almost noon. I was trying to sleep it off, but it didn't work. So I woke up, took my migraine medicine, and have been pretty much vegging all day. But it's ok. Today is Labor Day, and a holiday. If you're going to wake up with a migraine on a Monday, it's good that the Monday is a day off that week! September 5 is also 'Cheese Pizza Day'. I find this hilarious, because September 5 is my niece Sydney's birthday. And she loves Cheese Pizza! I liked cheese pizza as a young child, but once I ate my first piece of pizza with pepperoni and sausage- there was no going back. My sister however, still prefers cheese pizza. Today is the perfect day to order your favorite pizza for dinner! Finally, as I previously mentioned, today is Labor Day. Labor Day is always the first Monday in September. It is the day to celebrate the economic and social contributions of working Americans. We are honored by getting a day off (which is great, but a raise would be wonderful!). The first Labor Day was held on September 5, 1882 in New York City. It has become the unofficial end of summer. Fall is quickly approaching, and these hazy, lazy days are coming to an end. I love three day weekends- I'm able to get so much done. I spent one day cleaning the house, another day knitting and writing and catching up on my hobbies, and then I've spent today being a coach potato. We had planned to go to the International supermarket today, but between my migraine, and still watching Onyx to make sure she's not sick from eating aluminum foil, we decided to skip that. But I feel like I got everything done that I wanted to get done, and still had down time. I feel relaxed and ready to take on another week at the office. Now if only I could figure out how to make every weekend a three day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment