Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Year of Blogging: September 25, 2011

September 25 is 'Comic Book Day'. I have mixed feelings about this. As a child, I enjoyed reading the Archie & Jughead comic books. It was a special treat for my sister and I when we knew Lionel had gotten in new editions at the Corner Store. We bought the books and shared them with each other. I always kind of thought comic books were for children. As a teenager, it seemed to be a guilty pleasure to read a comic book. Then I went to college and met my ex-husband. He was obsessed with comic books. I guess, the best way to explain it is the comic books were to him like the bears are to me. He even wrote his senior thesis on comic books! I didn't understand it. I still really don't. But I know plenty of adults who like to read comic books. To each his or her own. I think I would still feel funny picking up an Archie comic book now. I never did get into the superhero things like Batman or Superman. I don't care for those movies either. For me, it's just not believable. If you're into comic books, today is a good day to enjoy them. If you aren't, that's ok too. Just don't spoil the party for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment