Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Year of Blogging: September 15, 2011

September 15 was 'Make a Hat Day'. You don't have to wear the hat you made, you just have to make one. I think the last time I made hats was in kindergarten or first grade. I seem to remember pilgrim hats and Indian 'headbands' made out of construction paper. I keep meaning to make hats out of leftover yarn, but so far, I'm still content making afghans. Giant blankets that take a lot of time to make! September 15 was also 'Felt Hat Day'. It's a day to wear felt hats. When I think of felt hats, I always think of Peter Pan. But really, felt hats could be very stylish, I'm sure. As the temperatures started to drop, people pulled out their felt hats. Felt hats are too hot for summer, but great to keep you warm in the fall and winter. You can celebrate both days by making your own felt hat and then wearing it!

1 comment:

  1. Imagine my relief that I am reading this NOW and won't be forced to create a hat ;-) ! They are really running out of ideas for days now that the year is coming to an end soon. Wonder what they pull out of the hat (haha) in late December ...

    ReplyDelete