Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Year of Blogging: March 7, 2011

March 7 was Crown Roast of Pork day. It's one of those days that has me scratching my head and saying 'Really?' Worse- there were no 'alternate' days to write about. Some days have four or five titles, things I really want to write about, and then I get to Crown Roast of Pork day. If you don't know what Crown Roast of Pork is, you can google it. It's a round pork rib roast, with the ribs exposed. You can put little hats on each of the ribs to make it beautiful when you present it. It is a lot of froufrou if you ask me. Let me assure you, I will NEVER cook a crown roast of pork. If you want food wearing hats, don't come to my house. Actually, I read somewhere that the little hats are called panties. Which is really disturbing if you ask me. I don't want my food wearing underwear. I see foodie types cooking this on the Food Network. My mother has made it for special occasions. For me, it's too much work for too little appreciation. I may occasionally fix a pork roast- but it's done in the crockpot where I don't have to worry about it. More likely than not, if you're coming to my house for pork- we're having shake & bake pork chops and a side like scalloped potatoes or macaroni & cheese. Though I will open a container of homemade apple sauce for your enjoyment!

1 comment: