Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Year of Blogging: March 25, 2011

March 25 was Pecan Day. So we have the same dilemma as with Apricot Day. How do you pronounce it? Is it puh kahn or pee can? I guess it could also be pee kahn. I'm really not even sure what else you can do with it, other than make pecan pie. I recently found a pecan pie recipe, and thought I would try it for my mom. She loves pecan pie. She is the only one in the family who does, so she doesn't make it. My Grandpa Primeau makes a great pecan pie. He likes it as well, and he makes it for my mom. Yes, I said Grandpa. My Grandpa Primeau was always the one who did most of the cooking. Grandma couldn't cook. Grandpa did most of the cooking. March 25 was also Waffle Day. For most of us, waffles are probably Eggos. That's what waffles were for us growing up, Eggos. When I went to college, they had a waffle station in the cafeteria. The batter was there, you poured it into a waffle iron, flipped the iron, and waited. You could have it any day of the week, but I usually had it on Sundays. I didn't want something that heavy during the week when I had to go to class. Because eating a whole waffle made me so full I wanted a nap! I usually didn't make it to breakfast on Sundays, so I had a waffle as my brunch at lunch time. Can you make pecan waffles?

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! You can't go wrong with waffles, hot strawberries and whipped cream. Alright, now I'm starting to drool.

    ReplyDelete