Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Year of Blogging: March 26, 2011

Today is Make Your Own Holiday Day. I guess the holiday makers were too lazy to think of something. There are so many options for make my own holiday! I could make it Maple Syrup day, because my cousin and her fiance had the open house at their Maple Farm today. I didn't get there of course, but a lot of the family did. I am sure my mom bought some for me, and will bring it out to me in three weeks. Then I may just have to eat pancakes with Sydney! I could make it a Day of Organization. I have done a couple of projects today. I finished sorting pictures from the old laptop and the new one, plus other pictures from the past couple of years, onto three different flash drives (one for Syd & Drew, one for ancestry information, and one for other pictures, like vacations and the beagles). Then I organized both freezers (and we have a lot of frozen potato products!). I thought about cleaning out the frig, which needs to be done. But then I sat down and now it's 10:00pm, and I really don't want to start cleaning out the frig now. I also thought about organizing my closet. The previous owners of the house installed closet organizers in the master closet. There is a shelving unit for my sweaters. It is three tiers. As I wear the sweaters and they go through the laundry, they end up migrating out of the neat stacks in the shelving unit. There are now more on the pile on the floor of the closet than there are in the sweater unit, so I need to get them re-folded and re-stacked. I also know there are some clothes in my closet that don't fit. And I probably need to be realistic and realize if they haven't fit in a couple of years, they won't fit without some drastic changes to my body. So it's probably time to put together a bag for Goodwill. Then there are fun things that I could make today: Cuddle with a Beagle Day, Plan a Shopping Trip Day, or Eat Comfort Food Day. I think, perhaps the best day is Enjoy Your Life Day or Celebrate What Makes You Wonderful Day! Whatever you chose to make today, I hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more with you on that last sentence :-) !

    ReplyDelete