Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Year of Blogging: March 14, 2011

Many friends on Facebook pointed out that March 14 was Pi Day. I am not a mathematician, and really had never thought of Pi Day before. It was one of the days I knew without having to look it up. I remember one of my high school math teachers writing out Pi on the blackboard all the way across the front of the room. When he told us the number had no end, I imagined it wrapping around the room. March 14 was also Learn About Butterflies day. Seems like a good day to learn about Butterflies. Soon they'll be flitting through the air again, adding a touch of beauty every place they land. If you enjoy butterflies, maybe it's a good day to think about planting a butterfly garden. Or at least a few plants that will attract the butterflies to your yard. Finally if neither of those options interest you, March 14 was National Potato Chip day. Did you know potato chips were invented in Saratoga Springs, NY? That is not far from where I grew up. Well, about an hour or so. I love finding things that started in NY. There is a lot of history in NY, some major and some quirky- like the potato chip!

1 comment:

  1. Eeek ... I know what Pi is and didn't a book with that title come out some time ago? Anyway, I know what Pi is, but that doesn't mean I could put it to use. If the world depended on my math skills, we'd be doomed.

    ReplyDelete