Monday, March 28, 2011

A Year of Blogging: March 28, 2011

March 28 is 'Something on a Stick Day'. I think it probably means food on a stick. What food comes on a stick? Well, there's all kinds of frozen treats: Popsicles, fudgesicles, jello pudding pops, Dove ice cream bars; so many options. Corn dogs come on a stick. If you are roasting marshmallows over a fire, you put them on a stick. Lollipops are perhaps our first treat on a stick. You can put almost anything on a stick. You could make yummy kabobs on the grill. Cut up pieces of cheese and put toothpicks in it, and you have a cheese tray for a party. My favorite food on a stick would have to be the Beef Teriyaki at a Polynesian restaurant near my Mom's. I don't really care for Chinese food (I eat it rarely), but I love the Polynesian food. I wish we had a Polynesian restaurant near my house in Ohio. The Beef Teriyaki is served on a stick. It is well marinated, but not covered in heavy thick sauce. It is served with a personal sized hibachi grill. You can put the stick of meat on the grill to warm it. The hibachi gives a soft glow to the table. I also love the sizzling sound the beef makes when you put it on the grill. Now I am really wanting some beef teriyaki, and my next trip home isn't until June! Eating food on a stick makes everything seem easier. No silverware to clean, you really don't even need a plate unless you are extremely messy. It's kind of an easy way to slip back into childhood in the midst of the hassle of adulthood. So leave the silverware in the drawer, put your food on a stick, and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, that's definitely one of the weird days that pop up every once in a while. Who on Earth ever had the idea for a Something on a Stick Day!?

    ReplyDelete