Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Year of Blogging: March 20, 2011

Today is International Earth Day. Wait! I thought Earth Day was on April 22. Turns out, that is US Earth Day. Today all nations should have an awareness of their environment. Americans can wait a month. Does that mean we shouldn't observe it today? Or do we observe it twice? Today is also Proposal Day. If you're hoping for a ring, maybe today is your day! I don't know why a day in March is proposal day. I know a lot of people who propose around Valentine's Day, or Christmas. Birthdays are probably another big day. I never thought of March 20 as a big day for it, but supposedly it is! Today is also the first day of Spring. Kind of. Spring arrives tonight at 7:30 0r so. I have a love-hate relationship with Spring. I love the pretty flowers, the animals returning, the awakening of life after winter's hibernation. I love the smell of dirt after a good spring rainstorm. I hate the pollen that the beautiful flowers put into the air, driving me indoors. I try to enjoy Spring though: driving with the windows down before it gets so hot you have to use the A/C, opening the house windows and airing out the house (before the allergies attack), sitting by the fire on the patio in the evening, and letting the dogs run and work off some energy (the mud, however, I could do without). So goodbye, Winter. It seems like it will be an eternity before you come back, but I know it will fly by!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, spring ... it's finally here and not just according to the calendar, yay! Hope we won't get freezing temps again in April though.

    ReplyDelete