Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Year of Blogging: March 30, 2011

March 30 is 'I am in Control' Day. That sounded like a really fun day! There is some historical significance to it. 30 years ago today, an assassination attempt was made on the US President, Ronald Reagan. Apparently, in the confusion following Reagan being shot, the Secretary of State said 'I am in Control here'. His quote was taken out of context, and created a scandal that eventually led to his resignation. I was not quite 5 when Reagan was shot. I wasn't even aware of it until years later when I started studying US History in school. I mean, four year olds have much more important things to worry about. My day probably included going to nursery school and playing with my friends. I like the idea of having a day for being in control. Sometimes it feels like things are out of control with families, jobs, home. It's good to take time to regain that control. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and let it out slowly. Pick one thing, focus on it, and regain control. The pieces will slowly fall into place around you. You might need to cut the drama out of your life, and let go of things you can't control. But you'll feel better in the end. And if you still feel frazzled, take a walk in the park. For today is also 'Take a Walk in the Park' day. I think taking a walk in a park is a good way to put yourself back in control.

1 comment:

  1. Walk in the park sounds fantastic now that spring has finally arrived. Well, it has at least around here! I swear if it starts snowing again, I'm outta here. And yes, I love strolling through parks, though I guess you might not be too fond about it with your allergies.

    ReplyDelete