Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Year of Blogging: March 2, 2011

"Would you eat them in a box? Would you eat them with a fox?" "Not in a box. Not with a fox. Not in a house. Not with a mouse. I would not eat them here or there. I would not eat them anywhere. I would not eat green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-am." ~Green Eggs and Ham "I meant what I said And I said what I meant... An elephant's faithful One hundred per cent!" ~Horton Hatches the Egg "You must not hop on Pop" ~Hop on Pop
Have you figured out what today is? It is the birthday of Dr. Seuss. I have always enjoyed his stories. I have several of them for myself, and bought many more for Sydney. I just realized that I haven't bought Drew any books yet. Wow- I was much better at this Aunt thing the first time around. So Drew will get books for Easter. There will be some Seuss for sure! It seems like Dr. Seuss' birthday should be a light hearted day. Have a party and invite Thing One and Thing Two. Cook some green eggs & ham. Sing with all the Whos in Whoville. Just remember not to hop on Pop!

1 comment:

  1. Now would you believe that people over here don't really know about Dr. Seuss? It's true. I wouldn't know about him either if it weren't for Seuss Landing at Islands of Adventure (still get a funny feeling in my stomach just thinking about the Cat in a Hat ride there). And The Grinch movie, of course.

    ReplyDelete