Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Year of Blogging: March 5, 2011

March 5 is Multiple Personalities Day. I can mildly identify with this day. No- I am not Sybil. There are so many parts to my personality though, sometimes I seem like different people. A few years ago, Erich and I drove to Niagara Falls, Ontario, to meet my parents. We went out for dinner one night to a dinner theater. Before the show, the entertainers came around asking if it was any one's birthday. It was about a month before my birthday, but I wasn't going to see my parents again for my birthday. So we were celebrating it that night. A lady seated at the table with us (it was all done family style) said she was celebrating her birthday early too. I forget what day her birthday was, but she was a Gemini. A fact she found fascinating- that both of us were Geminis. She asked me 'Do you have multiple personalities?' She informed me that she did. I thought about it, and told her 'I have multiple facets of my personality, but I wouldn't say I have multiple personalities'. I am very happy sitting at home, reading a book or snuggling with the dogs. I enjoy quiet activities such as knitting, reading, blogging, working on the ancestry. But I am also in my element at a hockey game, cheering for blood and banging on the glass, getting as rowdy as can be. I am passionate about all my sports teams, though nothing gets my blood pumping like hockey. I can be a very sweet, caring person, and I can be one of the biggest bitches you'll ever meet. I am like a fine gemstone- there are many sides to admire and love. I don't put a lot of stock in horoscopes, although I do read them from time to time. I once found a little gift book about my birthday (there was one for every day of the year). I found it amusing that some of the traits of a June 6'er are shared by my brother and law and I- namely that we are chatterboxes. Yet other things didn't define either of us. Since Gemini is the sign of the twin, I frequently joke that I have an evil twin. You never know which Amy is going to appear- good Amy or evil Amy. And yes, even though some scientists have recently realigned the zodiac, I am still a Gemini. I am NOT going to be a Bull (Taurus)!!! I joke, but I know that people with multiple personalities suffer a lot. I have a hard enough time turning off my brain, and there's just one of me. I could not imagine having multiple people inside your head. Or knowing which personality is going to show up that day. At least most of the time, my evil twin stays home.

1 comment:

  1. When I'm hungry or tired, well, you will meet a whole new me too, hehe!

    ReplyDelete