Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Year of Blogging: October 25, 2011

October 25 was 'World Pasta Day'. Pasta. One of my favorite food groups. Sometimes I have to remind myself that our family isn't Italian. We love pasta. Italian restaurants are among our favorite to go to as a family. And Mom frequently made pasta for dinner. Sure, 'making pasta' consisted of opening a box of pasta, rather than actually making the dough and rolling it out. That's one of the ways you can tell we aren't Italian. There are so many options with pasta. You can buy whole grain pasta or pasta made from vegetables. But for me, it is regular semolina pasta. In the winter, we have at least one pasta dish a week. Our go-to on cold, rainy days is spaghetti and meat sauce. I love lasagna, but Erich does not like the ricotta cheese, so now I make lasagna rolls which, as Erich describes it, taste like all the good parts of lasagna. I also love ravioli, stuffed shells, and baked ziti. There are so many choices. All are delicious. I think I could eat pasta several times a week and not get bored. Of course, the best thing about pasta is when it is served with my other favorite food group, cheese. Since I missed Pasta Day, I think I will celebrate this weekend. Maybe I'll even celebrate for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment