Monday, October 24, 2011

A Year of Blogging: October 24, 2011

"My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R. My bologna has a second name, it's M-A-Y-E-R. Oh I love to eat it every day and if you ask me why I'll sayyyyyy.... cuz Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A." Did you grow up singing this song? Or perhaps your children drove you nuts singing it? I had to dust it off in honor of today, which is Bologna Day. If you really miss this song, it is available as a ringtone. Just in case you want the bologna song in your head all the time! You might get a smile, and who knows, maybe others will start singing along? While I sang the song, I didn't like bologna. I think I was a strange child. Bologna is a staple in children's lunches. I often took peanut butter and butter sandwiches. By my own choosing, mind you. Jelly made the bread soggy, but butter did not. Sometimes I took cheese sandwiches. I'm sure I've eaten bologna sandwiches, how else would I know that I don't like it? I just don't remember ever choosing to eat one. If you do enjoy bologna, today is the day to stuff yourself. As for me, "I wish I were an Oscar Mayer wiener. That is what I'd truly like to beeee. For if I were an Oscar Mayer wiener, everyone would be in love with me." At least the bologna song isn't in your head now! Although, it's a little sad that at 35, I didn't have to look up the lyrics to either song- they came back to me just as if I were five.

No comments:

Post a Comment