Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Year of Blogging: October 22, 2011

October 22 is 'Nut Day'. It isn't clear if it's a day to celebrate those among us defined as 'nuts', or if it is about the food. Of course, it could also be the nut that holds a bolt in place. It's up to your interpretation! Some people do not like to eat nuts. I like some varieties. My favorites are walnuts. They are great to use in cooking, but also make wonderful snacks. Certainly much better than a handful of potato chips. I've always had walnuts on hand for baking, but in the past year or so I've tried to eat more. There are sometimes that I want something more salty than sweet, and walnuts are perfect. Or if I'm a little hungry but don't really want to fix something big because it's close to dinner or late at night. A handful or two of walnuts hits the spot. Of course, walnuts are much better than my other favorite nut: peanuts. Well, peanuts themselves are ok, but I like the honey roasted variety. Sugary snacks, so not the best for you. I try not to buy honey roasted peanuts because I find them irresistible! Today's the perfect day to enjoy your favorite nut (and please, don't let that nut be me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment