Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Year of Blogging: October 11, 2011

October 11 is 'Take Your Teddy Bear to Work' day. What a wonderful day! But even better than taking your Teddy Bear to work for one day would be having Teddy Bears in your office all the time. I have teddy bears in my office at my current job, and I had them in my office at the insurance agency too. I am not a person who can work in a dull office with no personal touches. They tease me at work that if I ever quit (or somehow lose my job) it will take me half a day to undecorate my office. One-third of each day is spent in the office. I want it to be pleasant. I have pictures of my family in my office. I have pictures of my dogs. I have scenery pictures. My office door is adorned with artwork from Sydney, and when Drew starts coloring, I'll add his pictures. I have a tiny Christmas tree that I put out at Christmastime, and the I put a fake evergreen garland on the door. And in the corner of my office year round is a little bear display. Ok, they are mostly moosies. But they are Boyd's Moosies. I have a few that I have duplicates of, so the duplicates live in my office. There are also a couple of bears in the display. The pictures and the bears help me focus. They remind me of the good things in my life. Sometimes, when work starts to beat you down you need to remember there is more to life than work. I don't play with the bears though. I guess if I got too stressed I would! I hope you enjoy today by taking your favorite teddy bear with you to the office. I will be unable to do that, as I'm currently in Myrtle Beach (ok, so the blog posts were prepared in advance) soaking up history and spending time with a dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment