Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Year of Blogging: August 31, 2011

August 31 is 'National Trail Mix' Day. Trail mix is a combination of dried fruits, nuts, grains, and sometimes chocolate. It is meant to be a high-energy snack when you are hiking. You can buy trail mix already made, or make your own. There really is no wrong way to do it. I've never made trail mix, and never found the mix to be as appealing as the individual ingredients. But, if I were to make a trail mix, I'd probably put in banana chips, honey roasted peanuts, and M&M's. I'd have to skip the grains, since I can't eat whole grains or cereal. But I could cover the fruit, nuts, and chocolate. There would have to be chocolate. Then again, I don't go hiking so I guess I don't need to worry about making trial mix! Today is Richard Gere's birthday. The Hollywood sex symbol is 62 today. I've never really understood his appeal. I prefer Robert Redford. Even though he's 40 years older than me, there's just something about him that has always made my heart skip a beat. We've come to the end of another month, leaving just four months in this experiment. It also means we are nearing the end of my least favorite season, summer. And entering into one of my favorites: fall. Soon it will be time to go apple picking, and to get those scrumptious Apple Cider Donuts. I'll get to pick out this years' pumpkin. The air will have a nice crispness to it. The world will become the canvas for nature's paintbrush; heavy on orange, red, and yellow. Of course, this weekend is supposed to be in the low 90s- a far cry from the crispness I'm craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment