Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Year of Blogging: August 27, 2011

August 27 is 'Just Because Day'. I don't think you need me to tell you what to do. Do whatever you want, just because. In case you haven't already figured it out, I've been on vacation for a couple of days. I prepared my blogs ahead of time so that I didn't have so much to catch up on when I get back to Ohio (many thanks to my friend Birgit for telling me how to post them when I'm not here). I'm in New York, again. I realized it's my sixth trip in 14 months. Two of those trips were unplanned due to my Grandmother's illness and death. But still- I seem to spend an awful lot of time traveling back and forth. I don't mind. Right now, moving to NY isn't really an option. The cost of living is so much higher in NY. Erich doesn't want to leave his parents. His father has a lot of medical issues, and Erich feels better knowing he is nearby. I couldn't separate the dogs, and I couldn't leave them behind. I also couldn't take them away from Erich. So right now, I do a lot of traveling. This means I've gotten great at packing, and I'm a pro at going through airport security. So this time I'm home for Sydney and Drew's birthday party. Drew just turned one and Sydney will be five in another week. My sister is having one party for the two of them, and last I heard, there were going to be about 80 people at the party (friends & family). I don't think I had 80 people at my Sweet 16! My sister chose a zoo theme for the party, and I think that's what it's going to be! There's going to be a bouncy house and cotton candy. Sydney told me there were masks for the kids, and she promised me I could have a lion mask. I might just put on my mask and hop into the bouncy house- just because! Don't waste today. If there's something you want to do but haven't because it's silly or too expensive or you are too old: today's the day. Throw caution to the wind and just have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment