Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Year of Blogging: August 18, 2011

August 18 is 'Bad Poetry' Day. As a writer, I cannot understand why we need to celebrate bad poetry. And as a writer, I will not participate in this day by writing bad poetry. If you want to read some bad poetry, you only need to find my super secret stash of poems written in high school. You know- back from when I was a teenage girl with crushes on teenage guys. I think that says it all. Instead, I will share with you a poem from my favorite poet, Robert Frost. I wonder, did he have a notebook full of bad poetry?
Fire and Ice Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment