Monday, August 15, 2011

A Year of Blogging: August 14, 2011

August 14 was 'Creamsicle Day'. A Creamsicle is a frozen ice cream treat. It is shaped like a Fudgsicle, with a thick layer of vanilla ice cream in the middle. The outside is covered with a thin layer of flavored ice. Creamsicles can come in many flavors including orange, blue raspberry, lime, grape, and cherry. I didn't realize until today that Creamsicles came in other flavors. All I've ever seen is orange. I can't remember ever eating one. Orange has never been one of my favorite flavors. I don't like orange ice cream or popsicles. I always kind of imagined Creamsicles tasting like orange soda and milk, and that was enough to deter me from ever trying one. See, as a child, orange soda made me sick. Orange and Grape sodas seemed to be the beverage of choice at birthday parties in my childhood. It's no wonder I like to drink water- I frequently found myself asking Susie or Jimmy's Mom if I could please have a glass of water instead of the soda. Mom seldom had orange soda in our house because I couldn't drink it. If you don't like Creamsicles, you could cool off on a hot day with a Fudgsicle or a good old-fashioned Popsicle. All will cool you off, and probably take you back to childhood- before your palet was used to the more sophisticated flavors of Graeter's ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment