Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Year of Blogging: April 3, 2011

Today is Tweed Day. I love tweed. It is so neat, so classic looking. A nice tweed suit for a woman never goes out of style. Nor does a pair of tweed slacks. They are like the little black dress- every woman should have some tweed in her closet. Unless you are like me, and allergic to wool. A tweed suit doesn't do you much good in that case. So I love the look of it, but don't wear it unless it is lined- so that no part of the tweed touches my skin. I guess tweed is probably only popular in cooler climates. I don't imagine many people in Florida or Arizona like to wear tweed. It's a very warm fabric, perfect on cooler fall or winter days. If you wore it in a warm climate, you'd melt. Today is also find a rainbow day. Grandpa Wager taught my sister and I how to find rainbows at the end of the rain shower. He taught us about the colors, and how to remember the order by saying Roy G Biv (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet). Whenever I see a rainbow, I know Grandpa is smiling down. It was a beautiful sunny day today, so there was no chance for a rainbow today. I'm always looking after rain showers, though, and sometimes I find one. Not always. But that's what makes rainbows so special. Sometimes when you least expect them, you find one.

1 comment:

  1. I prefer rainbows over tweed, in fact I don't think I own anything made of tweed ... then again, my closet is full of surprises, so maybe I excavate something one day :-D !

    ReplyDelete