Friday, April 1, 2011

A Year of Blogging: April 1, 2011

Another month full of holidays to explore. April is National Humor Month and International Guitar Month. It is also Keep America Beautiful month. For my non-American readers, maybe it could be keep Austria or France or (insert your country here) Beautiful. I remember an advertising campaign that aired when I was a child. It was an owl who told us to 'Give a Hoot! Don't Pollute!' While today we think of pollution as fumes from our cars and factories, I know as kids we thought if we threw paper on the ground, we were polluting. I think the advertising worked, at least for me. I don't litter. If there isn't a trash can available, I keep it in my car or pocket or purse until I find one. April is also Lawn and Garden Month, National Pecan Month (because one day in March is NOT enough to celebrate the Pecan!), Stress Awareness Month (I am very aware of my stress, thank you!), Poetry Month (a friend is doing 30 days of Poetry to celebrate. I wish her luck!), National Welding Month, Records and Information Management Month, and Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Today, April 1, is April Fool's Day. I've never been really big on practical jokes, so for me, it's just another day. Although, the Hundstol from IKEA would have been neat to own! :) I called my sister tonight, and Sydney apparently learned about April Fool's today. She didn't really get it. She kept telling me 'I have a joke for you' and then she would say something like "Drew has his bottle. April Fool!' She was really wound up, and her sing song voice was so cute. Then she would laugh- oh her laugh gets me every time! It's bubbly and pure and radiant. Everything is better when you hear her laugh. In just two short weeks, she'll be here for almost a whole week. And that's no April Fools!

1 comment:

  1. No jokes played on me, and I neither played any one others. To me it's just a day like any other, but some people are very serious about April 1st.

    Interesting to learn what kind of month April will be - Poetry Month sounds neat!

    ReplyDelete