Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Year of Blogging: April 17, 2011

April 17 was Pet Owners Independence Day. I was drawn to this day, because, as you know, I am a Pet Owner. But what does Pet Owner Independence Day mean? I did a quick google search, and found most sources say it is actually April 18, not April 17. I also found it is a day for you to stay home and your pet to go to work. Now that is just silly! I'd still have to get up to drive them to work, neither Onyx or Cobalt has their driver's license yet. When they get to work, they'd probably mistake my boss' small fluffy dog for a chew toy. Of course, I would get to stay home. After I drove them to work (and maybe Erich could do that), I could curl up in my bed and snuggle into the covers. When I decided to get up, I could stretch luxuriously and yawn and slowly walk across the house. I could go outside, sniff the air, patrol the patio, and sun myself. When I tired of the outside, I could come back into the house, and resume my perch on top of the couch, watching the world through the picture window. When the beagles came home for lunch, I would greet them at the door, happy to see them. We would play and snuggle, and then when they went back to work, I would nestle into the couch for a nap. That doesn't sound like such a bad day! Well, for me that is!

2 comments:

  1. You know, if everyone did this offices around the globe would still be, uhm, a zoo ;-) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. so really, there wouldn't be much difference in the office? :)

    ReplyDelete