Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Year of Blogging: April 23, 2011

April 23 was Home Run Day. As a baseball fan, this is a very exciting day- provided your team is the one hitting the home runs. The Yankees hit 5 home runs last night, so I think they got the memo! Each ball park has a different way to celebrate home runs. Some sound loud horns, some shoot off fireworks. Each announcer also has their own way of calling home runs. It's hard to follow the action at a baseball game. I'm so used to watching it at home, with the play by play color commentary. In a ballpark, it is quiet. Except when there's a home run. People stand up to watch the track of the ball, and then the stands erupt in cheers. It is exciting. Here in our house, I have my own way of calling a home run. I yell. A loud 'wooo!' Well, as long as it's the Yankees knocking it out of the park. The yell is followed by clapping. If it's the other team sending it over the wall, there is a lot of swearing in the house. I hope my fellow baseball fans were able to see their favorite teams hit at least one home run yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Not much I could say about this. I'm neither a sports fan in general, nor is baseball as huge in Europe as it is overseas. And on to your next blog post ...

    ReplyDelete