Friday, April 15, 2011

A Year of Blogging: April 13, 2011

April 13 is 'Blame Someone Else Day'. This seems like a very sad day. It seems everyone is blaming someone else lately. The Democrats are blaming the Republicans. The Republicans are blaming the Democrats. Nothing is getting done, people are out of work, or struggling under health care costs, and it's just a big finger pointing day. I really don't think we need to celebrate this day. I think a much better day would be 'Own Up to Your Mistakes' day. Just admit you made a mistake, instead of looking for someone to push the blame onto. I was raised to be honest, and to admit when you were wrong. We need more of that in the world. April 13 was also Scrabble Day. Scrabble is one of my favorite board games. My sister never wanted to play it with me, because spelling has never been her strong point. I always enjoyed it because you had to think. I haven't played in a while though. I need to drag out the scrabble board and play again. Or maybe just play an electronic version, I've heard those are fun!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I had to laugh when I read the first sentence, I mean, isn't it more like many people will blame someone else all the time? So they should have a Do NOT Blame Someone Else Day.

    Scrabble. I can't even remember the last time I played that. I used to play it quite often on the computer a few years back, but with all those Facebook games now I haven't played it in ages.

    ReplyDelete