Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Year of Blogging: February 4, 2011

February 4 was 'Thank a Mailman Day'. I did not know that, but I didn't see any mailmen (or mail women) anywhere during the day. I felt bad for them all week, having to walk on the ice and snow. I don't know our mail person's name. It seems every week or two we have a different mail person delivering our mail. I always know when they arrive, because the dogs start barking like mad. They do not like people walking up to our house. People in uniforms are especially threatening. I try to remember the mail person at Christmas, and leave a tin of cookies in the mail box with a thank you note. I know they have to work in all kinds of weather. While I can call in when it's icy, they have to keep going. Although, there have been big storms here in Ohio when we haven't had any mail delivery- so I don't completely buy the 'neither rain nor snow' bit. So thank you to all the mail carriers! A special thank you to my cousin, Craig!

1 comment:

  1. That's what I do too at Christmas - as the mailbox is too small for cookies, I put in some money to say thanks!

    ReplyDelete