Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Year of Blogging: February 25, 2011

February 25 was Pistol Patent Day. When I first read it, I thought it was Pistol Permit day. Guess I was tired, and permit made more sense than patent. Not that I have either. Or a pistol. I'm not one of those gun control liberals, and I'm not a card-carrying NRA republican. However, my family members have guns. Dad always had hunting rifles. For years he also had a German rifle that my great-uncle Ernest took off a German soldier in WWII. (I have the letter he sent his sister, my Grandma, detailing this event). My brother in law has a lot of guns, locked into a giant safe. He also has a pistol permit, so he's usually packing. There's a simple reason I don't own a gun. I have a very low tolerance for stupidity, and I'd never be able to claim insanity. Haha! I'm joking. Or am I? Anyway, since it was Pistol Patent day, I wondered what that meant. According to www.holidayinsights.com, Samuel Colt received patent #138 for the pistol on February 25, 1836. If you have a design for a new pistol, it's time to get a patent for it. And if you don't have a design, get cracking! There's less than a year until the next Pistol Patent day, which is always on February 25.

1 comment:

  1. Low tolerance for stupidity, hahahaaa!!

    And about getting a patent for a new design of a pistol. You obviously have no idea how expensive it is to file a patent application, girl! I must know it, I filed plenty. Not my own, mind you.
    Ah, the (not so) good old days at the office!

    ReplyDelete