Friday, February 25, 2011

A Year of Blogging: February 17, 2011

February 17 was 'Random Acts of Kindness Day'. Compared to some of the days we've had so far (Umbrella Day and Toothache Day come to mind), this is a day I can really support. I think the world would be a better place if people were kinder to others. Erich and I always try to practice Random Acts of Kindness. It is something my parents encouraged. Erich can be isolated at times, but he is the kindest person you could ever hope to meet. When I saw him helping strangers, or people he barely knew, I knew he was a very good person. Random acts of kindness don't have to be extravagant. It can be as simple as helping an elderly person to their car with their groceries. Or picking up an item that a person dropped. The other day on my flight, a gentleman behind me helped a woman get her bags out of the overhead compartment. Sometimes, you may not even realize you are helping others. It may only take a moment of your time. But you could be making a big difference to the other person. Your kind word or gesture might be the bright spot in their day. You may not know that you made their day, but you will feel better because you took time for someone else.

1 comment:

  1. I like this one, in fact, there should be more of it throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete