Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Year of Blogging: February 12, 2011

Today is Abraham Lincoln's birthday. He is one of my favorite Presidents. I have read about him extensively, and find him fascinating. I might not have taken such an interest in him, if he hadn't been the President during the Civil War, which is a time period I have been studying a lot. Today is also Plum Pudding day. I like pudding: chocolate, vanilla, even butterscotch. But plum pudding is something I've never eaten. All I can think of is the pudding served on Christmas in Victorian era books. Of course, that is the furthest thing from the pudding I'm used to. It doesn't appeal to me at all. Most of the pudding I've had is the kind that comes in a small box. Mom would make the cooked kind, but I make the instant kind. When I want my chocolate pudding, I want it now! I also like vanilla pudding with fresh strawberries sliced on top. Whether you decided to split rails or eat plum pudding, I hope you made the most of your day!

1 comment:

  1. No one cares about any presidents birthday around here. But people do like pudding. Message? Food is more appealing than politics :-D !!

    ReplyDelete