Friday, February 25, 2011

A Year of Blogging: February 18, 2011

February 18 was 'Battery Day'. As in those little things that power our lives. Although, some batteries are big- like car batteries. Stop for a moment and think what our lives would be like without batteries. We'd still be cranking our cars to get them to start. I'm pretty sure that would not be pleasant with the Fibro! Sundials would be our alarm clocks. There would be no portable music devices, no phones, and *gasp* no computers. Which of course means, there would be no Facebook. Batteries are such a part of our lives. Yet we take them for granted. Until the MP3 player stops working, and we tear through all the drawers in the china cabinet looking for AAA batteries! While I was home in NY, I was playing with Sydney. Many of her toys that should make noise or do something didn't. She kept telling me 'the batteries are run down on that one'. I started to wonder if they really had run down, or if her parents had intervened for some peace! Life would be quieter without batteries, but I think it might be a little duller too!

1 comment:

  1. So there really IS a day for everything!
    Batteries ... I wouldn't have guessed there's a day dedicated to them!

    ReplyDelete