Monday, December 12, 2011

A Year of Blogging: December 9, 2011

Ok, so I'm a little behind again. I spent the weekend baking, and after making approximately 50 dozen cookies in two days, I felt all the creativity was gone. December 9 was Christmas Card day. If you have not already sent your cards out, this is a great time to do it! I love Christmas cards. I love receiving them. It makes the mail so much more exciting. Instead of just the regular bills and junk mail, there are cards to enjoy! I like hearing from my friends and family. I always enjoy the different cards people send. Some of my bear friends always send Boyd's cards. One friend who lives in a southern climate always sends a card with a beachy theme. Friends and family with children usually send an updated photo. I enjoy seeing how the children have grown. I like Christmas letters too. Sometimes, it's hard to keep up with everyone. I mean to keep in touch better with my friends, but I never live up to my expectations. I've decided I'm going to do better in 2012. We'll see how long it lasts! So the Christmas letters let me keep up with what is happening in everyone's lives. Of course, I'd have to like Christmas letters, since my own children send one of their own. So much was happening in our lives in 2002, I knew a Christmas letter was in order. But I didn't want it to be the same old 'life is rosy and perfect' thing. So I let the Beagles write it. It has become a hit, and the Beagles love that people look forward to it. I didn't mail my cards until December 6, so I was surprised when a few friends said mine was the first to arrive. Especially my friend in Austria- that's pretty amazing that even though it had to cross the ocean, it got there first! I remember my mom spending days writing out Christmas cards. She always signed them 'Mark, Kathy, Amy, & Laura'. My sister got upset that she was always last. So when we were old enough to help write out the cards, my sister would write my name last. I tried writing out my cards, but it is so much easier to order the cards pre-printed. I don't believe it means any less. I still think enough of you to send a Christmas card. Besides, I type so much that my handwriting is really getting lousy. There are days I can't even read it. It's the thought that counts, not the handwriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment