Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Year of Blogging: December 2, 2011

As we have so many times this year, we go from one extreme to the other in the matter of 24 hours. Yesterday was Eat a Red Apple Day. Today, December 2, is 'National Fritters Day'. A fritter, in case you didn't know, is a fried cake or dough with fruit or meats inside. We don't know why December 2 is Fritter Day. Perhaps someone realized they needed to eat an apple, and preferred to eat their apples in a fritter? Continuing the apple theme, on December 2, 1997, the movie 'Good Will Hunting' opened. Wondering what the connection is? Maybe you haven't seen the movie. Will (Matt Damon's character) tells the preppy guy 'I got her number. How do you like them apples?' Ok, maybe I've seen the movie too many times. I can't help it. Matt Damon is dreamy. Or should I say was. I saw the promos for his latest movie ('We Bought a Zoo') recently, and didn't recognize him. Age has not been kind to him. But, 10 years ago, he was very dreamy. I haven't watched all his action films though because I'm not into those types of movies. Undoubtedly, Matt Damon is the one good thing to come from Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment